Rajasthan Saur Krishi Ajivika Yojana (SKAY)
In this post, complete information about Saur Krishi Aajeevika Yojana has been given. Farmers can lease their unused land under the Saur Krishi Aajeevika Yojana (SKAY Rajasthan) program to set up solar power plants. And farmers and landlords can register their property for lease on the SKAY portal which has been set up. The Rajasthan government has launched a program to help farmers who want to set up solar power plants on their unused or unusable property (barren land).
“Farmers can lease out their unused land under the Saur Krishi Aajeevika Yojana (SKAY) program to build solar power plants, which will help them enhance their living conditions. Farmers and landowners can register their properties for lease on an internet portal that has been set up.
Rajasthan Saur Krishi Ajivika Yojana (SKAY) Kya Hai ?
Intends to take the state’s huge solar power generation capacity to 142 GW to make Rajasthan a green energy state and contribute to India’s commitment to the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP 26) in Glasgow, using conventional sources of energy. Intends to achieve the goal of ‘net zero’ emissions by reducing dependence on renewable sources (i.e. coal, oil, gas, etc.). And in addition to this it is also the goal of the Government of Rajasthan to provide a sustainable, reliable and affordable electricity to all its consumers. For the purpose of promoting decentralized solar power plants being developed under PM-KUSUM Component C (Feeder Level Solarization) at load centers having predominantly agricultural load in rural areas, the State Government has launched “Saur Krishi Aajeevika Yojana” or “SKAY” is prepared.
SKAY aims to utilize the state’s abundant land resources by giving farmers/land owners an opportunity to lease their barren or unusable land on a pre-determined amount basis for setting up a solar power plant. Rajasthan Discom has developed an online portal. Where farmers and landowners can register to give their land on lease for setting up solar power plants. Developers of solar power plants can also register on the portal to reach the registered farmers / land owners.
Objective of Rajasthan Saur Krishi Ajivika Yojana (SKAY)
“PM- KUSUM Component C (Feeder Level Solarization) to create land bank near identified 33/11kV substation of Rajasthan Discoms for setting up of Decentralized Solar Power Plant to the farmers/land owners of the State to offer their land on prescribed amount basis Providing an opportunity to lease. Component C (Feeder Level Solarization) of PM-KUSUM scheme is similar to decentralized solar generation to meet the annual energy requirement of agriculture feeder with provision for setting up of solar power plants at feeder level through CFA. The primary and most important task for the successful installation of solar power plant projects is the identification of land, its procurement and cost. Hence, to make it simple, Rajasthan Discoms have launched “Saur Krishi Aajeevika Yojana (SAO Aajeevika Yojana)” to facilitate a dedicated portal for farmers/land owners and developers to arrange land on RESCO mode for setting up solar power plants. SKAY)”.
Benefits of Rajasthan Saur Krishi Ajivika Yojana (SKAY)
Farmer / Land owner:
- Day time power availability to the farmers.
- Opportunity to earn additional income by farmers in the form of lease fee for barren/unusable land.
- Access to available land with contact details of farmers/land owners across the state.
- Guaranteed purchase of solar power by DISCOMs for 25 years at fixed tariffs.
- Avail CFA benefits of Component C (Feeder Level Solarization) of PM-KUSUM scheme.
- Reduction in power purchase cost and distribution and business losses due to availability of cheap solar energy.
- Unlike Component A of the PM-KUSUM scheme, there is no restriction on the capacity of the solar power plant or its installation location.
- Electricity distribution infrastructure and reduction in distribution losses due to the proximity of both power generation and its consumption to the consumer.
- Better RPO compliance saves around Re 1 per unit (currently borne by DISCOMs due to lack of compliance)
Government of Rajasthan:
- Reduction in tariff subsidy on electricity bill for agricultural consumers,
- Contributed to the 4,000 MW distributed generation target by 2024-25 under the Solar Policy 2019.
Rajasthan Saur Krishi Ajivika Yojana (SKAY) Operating Agency
- Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited (JVVNL) – Nodal Agency
- Ajmer Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited (AVVNL,)
- Jodhpur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited (JDVVNL)
Eligibility and conditions of Rajasthan Saur Krishi Ajivika Yojana (SKAY)
Eligibility condition for land owners to register on the portal:
- Any land owner (such as individual/group of farmers, registered cooperative societies, organizations/associations/institutions etc. and also if any).
- Interested farmers / landowners (individual / group) can register at least 1 hectare of single land.
- In case of group of farmers/land owners, proper Power of Attorney will be executed by the group in favor of any one nominee.
Eligibility condition for developers to register on the portal:
- any solar power developer
Rajasthan Saur Krishi Ajivika Yojana (SKAY) Online Application Fee
All the applicants have to pay a non-refundable registration fee as per the following schedule:
|Applicant||Registration Fee Type||Registration Fee (including 18% GST)|
|Farmer / Land owner||per application||Rupee. 1,180|
|project developer||outright||Rupee. 5900|
Rajasthan Saur Krishi Ajivika Yojana (SKAY) applicable lease rent
Under the scheme the farmer / land owner will get the annual lease fee as per the following list. This will be increased at the rate of 5% every two years which will be applicable initially for a period of 26 years (including 25 years PPA period):
|Prevailing DLC rate of land at the time of registration (Rs. per hectare)||Annual lease rent (Rs. per hectare)|
|up to 8 lakhs||80,000|
|Above 8 lakh and below 12 lakh||1,00,000|
|Above 12 lakhs and below 20 lakhs||1,40,000|
|more than 20 lakh||1,60,000|
- The developer will have to pay the lease rent amount to the farmer/land owner or the authorized person during the installation and commissioning of the solar power plant within 9 months of entering into the agreement.
- The Discom shall pay the lease rent of the land directly to the registered farmer/land owner or authorized person and the Discom shall recover the same from the payment of monthly energy charges payable to the developer after the commissioning of the solar power plant.
- Lease rent under the scheme will be payable to the farmer/land owner or authorized person only after the following conditions are fulfilled:
- The developer is awarded the work order to set up the solar power plant project on the land referred by the DISCOM,
- The selected developer has entered into a land lease agreement with the farmer/land owner for the land registered on the portal and has submitted the same to the concerned Discom’s office.
- Mere registration of land on the portal for the scheme will not entitle the land owner to receive lease rent.
Rajasthan Saur Krishi Ajivika Yojana (SKAY) Key Features:
- The list of identified 33/11kV substations of DISCOMs and the details of land required for setting up solar power plants around them according to plant capacity are available on the portal.
- List of identified substations with capacity and other important information will be visible on the portal without login.
- Interested farmers/land owners who meet the eligibility criteria can apply online for leasing out their land for setting up a solar power plant by the developer.
- Applicants are required to make online payment of Non Refundable Registration Fee to start the application process.
- The duly filled applications will be verified by the concerned Discom.
- The survey of the land (in the prescribed format) will be done jointly by the DISCOM official and the applicant / authorized representatives.
- A line diagram will also be prepared by the same field office of the DISCOM to connect the substation to the land location.
- DISCOMs will float tenders for selection of RESCO developer for setting up solar power plants.
- The developer can collaborate with registered farmers/land owners to lease the land for 26 years or arrange the required land for setting up the solar power plant on their own.
Rajasthan Saur Krishi Ajivika Yojana (SKAY) How to apply?
Instructions to Farmers/Landowners
- Eligible farmers/land owners can register themselves on the portal and search the circle/district, division/sub division and substation availability on the portal.
- After the selection of the substation, the applicant (farmer/landowner) can register his land by filling the online form and uploading all the necessary documents including Jamabandi on the portal.
- The offered land shall be of clear title, and shall be free from encumbrances/litigation of any kind.
- For any wrong information or legal issues at any later stage, the land owner will be responsible and no compensation/damage will be paid by the Discom/Developer.
- In case of multiple ownership of a land or, group of farmers/land owners intending to register their group, all such farmers/land owners to submit the application on the portal to such farmers/land owners Nominate any one of them and upload the Power of Attorney in favor of the nominated farmer/land owner on the portal.
- After submitting the application, the land owners/farmers have to make the online payment on the portal itself.
- After successful payment, a Registration ID will be generated and sent to the registered mobile number of the applicant.
- One land parcel / area can be registered for only one substation / solar power plant location.
- A farmer/land owner can register more than one land parcel/area, provided separate payment is made for each land parcel/area and the conditions mentioned at above point are fulfilled.
- The registered applications will be forwarded to the Regional Office of the concerned DISCOM for joint survey.
- The Field Office of the Discom will upload the combined survey report along with the connectivity line diagram on the portal. In case of any discrepancy, the application will be sent back to the applicant for correction.
- Any land parcel/area will be considered successfully registered on the portal only when the combined survey report and connectivity line diagram is uploaded on application by the field office of the Discom.
How to apply Rajasthan Saur Krishi Aajeevika Yojana (SAKE)
Instructions to Developers:
- Interested developers can register themselves on the portal and pay the registration fee online on the portal.
- After successfully registering on the portal, developers can see the following two lists
- List of substations where land parcels/areas have been registered by farmers/land owners and verified by DISCOMs.
- Developer can select any substation and click on “Contact Details” to get the contact details of registered farmer/land owner for that location through SMS on their registered mobile number.
- List of substations where no land parcel/area has been registered
- Developers may identify land parcels/areas around such location(s) based on their potential.
- After a large number of land parcels/areas are registered on the portal, DISCOMs will engage RESCO for setting up solar power plants around such substations through levelized tariff based competitive bidding.
- Tender will be issued for the selection of developers and the developer registered on the said NIT portal will also be informed for participation.
- The developer will have to submit the land lease agreement to the DISCOM within 1 month of the contract for setting up the solar power project and also submit an undertaking in this regard along with his bid while participating in the tender floated by the DISCOM. ,
- The discom will pay the land lease rent directly to the registered farmer/land owner or authorized person and recover the same from the monthly energy charges payable to the developer.
- After successful payment of registration fee, a unique registration ID will be generated and will be sent to the registered mobile number of the applicant.
- The successful developer will get CFA eligibility from MNRE as per component C (feeder level) under PM-KUSUM scheme.
- The developer shall be responsible for verifying the information submitted by the farmer/land owner in respect of the land and to investigate any litigation/disputes/any other issues before entering into the land lease agreement.
Rajasthan Saur Krishi Ajivika Yojana (SKAY) Important Documents
Documents to be uploaded by the farmers/landowners along with the online application
- Jamabandi (Land Ownership Proof)
- Aadhar Card (Identity Proof)
- Canceled Cheque/ Passbook Copy
- Photograph of the applicant / authorized person
- Scanned Signature of the Applicant / Authorized Person
- Note: The documents of proof should be in PDF format not more than 500 KB. Also, a separate user manual / step-by-step procedure will be provided for farmers/land owners and developers on the portal (www.skyrajasthan.org.in).